kbb Birmingham 2014 is arguably a big date in the UK’s Kitchen, Bedroom and Bathroom calendar so Kitchens-Kitchens has been rounding up some news and opinion on the recent fixture, which saw some 300 exhibitors demonstrate their products.
Here are some of the winners, and shortlisted brands at the kbbreview Awards 2014 held at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole which marks the 20th such event organized by kbbreview magazine.
There are 18 award categories which were entertained and announced by celebrity host, Pub Landlord Al Murray and Tim Wallace, editor of kbbreview commented;
“This year’s ceremony focused on celebrating a huge milestone in the history of the national kitchen and bathroom awards, and we would like to extend our many congratulations to the kbbreview Awards 2014 winners for the very special part they have played in this. The standard of submissions this year was of exceptional quality and our thanks and commendation must go out to all our finalists and attendees for making the kbbreview Awards 2014 such a successful and memorable occasion.”
The Kitchen categories, winners and finalists were:
Kitchen Designer of the Year – project cost over £50,000:
While cost is no object, judges were keenly looking at value for money and whether the all-important brief has been met.
Winner: Andrew Rizza, Dream Design
* Sofia Bune Strandh, Sola Kitchens
* Martin Smith, Holloways of Ludlow
* Dan Stronge, Jones Britain
Kitchen Designer of the Year – project cost £30,000 – £50,000:
This covers a huge section of the retail market where designers can create dream kitchens, while still giving value for money.
Winner: Kieron Bell, Kitchens International
* Sofia Bune Strandh, Sola Kitchens
* Jon Hart-Woods, Hart-Woods Kitchens
* Matt Podesta, Podesta
Kitchen Designer of the Year – project cost up to £30,000:
Judges were looking for the way designers managed to achieve flair and individuality while keeping within reasonable budgets.
Winner: Colin Wong, Development Direct
* Andrew Hall, Woodstock Furniture
* Darren Morgan, Designer Kitchen
* Pippa Paton, Pippa Paton Design
Kitchen Contract Designer of the Year:
This category rewards kitchen designers who have completed projects for commercial customers such as contractors, developers and house builders.
Winner: Ailsa Howorth, Kitchens International
* Donna Grech, Grech & Grech Interiors & Karen Cox, Cox & Co Interior Design Company
* Rebecca Tucker & Helen Fewster, Suna Interior Design
* Colin Wong, Development Direct
Kitchen Retailer of the Year:
The Kitchen Retailer of the Year Award is the prize that judges your overall business and says you are among the best retailers in the industry.
Winner: Kitchens International, Edinburgh
* Diane Berry Kitchens, Manchester
* Kitchens by J S Geddes, Kilmarnock
* Rational Kitchens, Sheffield
Kitchen Showroom of the Year:
This award honours the very best in kitchen showroom layout and design.
Winner: Spacefittingfurniture, Cardiff
* Bespoke Interiors, Goudhurst
* Kitchens International, Edinburgh
* Spillers of Chard, Somerset
Kitchen Product Innovation of the Year:
This Award is given out to specific products that have been developed to actively move forward the field of product innovation within the kitchen sector.
Winner: Krushr: Krushr V2 Household
* Recycling Compactor Series
* Fisher & Paykel: 90 litre Built-in Single Oven OB60SL11DCPX1
* Caple: DD930BK Induction Downdraft
* Mereway Kitchens: Modern Classic Collection from English Revival
* Quooker: Quooker Fusion with Combi System
* Miele: Miele Generation 6000 DGC 6800 XL Combination Steam Oven
Kitchen Customer Service of the Year *
In every issue of kbbreview a Mystery Shopper visits a different town and evaluates selected retailers in that area, based on her first impressions – and this appears as the publication’s ‘Shopping Around’ feature. Out of the dozens of showrooms visited the Mystery Shopper picks a shortlist of favourites and an eventual winner for the Kitchen Customer Service of the Year Award.
Winner: Roma, Ashford
* deVol, Loughborough
* Hallwood Furniture, Kettering
* In-Toto, Bristol
Special Achievement Award *
This award is given to those individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to the kitchen and bathroom industry and this year the winner was Roger Kyme.
The Awards are sponsored by:
* 2020 Technologies
* Ideal Standard
* Mira Showers
* Twyford Bathrooms
* EQ Software
* The Furniture Makers’ Company
* The Bathroom Association
* Keramag design
* KBB Birmingham
* Society of British and International Design
Image: Al Murray, host of the kbbreview Awards 2014
For photographs and more information about the kbbreview Awards 2014, visit www.kbbreview.com